Saturday, March 18, 2006

Things I'm looking forward to


CIMG7369
Originally uploaded by amydell.
I know I'm not supposed to rush his (their) growing up -- but here's a list of things I think of/look forward to on a regular basis:
-Your first crush
-Your first bat/ball/glove and practice with your daddy
-The first time you say "gig em!" and get what that means! (you Aggies will get this!)
-The first time you tattle on each other
-The first time you get your self dressed.
-The first time you have an opinion on what you are wearing that day
-The first time you figure out how to work the remote w/o turning on the volume so loud

I know that most of these are simple things, but I remember all the other firsts- and with two of you- its hard to stop- and realize that something is in fact a first for one or the other of you.

Tonight I read this poem- and being one of MY firsts- I thought I would share it. Its beautiful and reminds me of both of my angels!

E.E. Cummings:
i love you much(most beautiful darling)

more than anyone on the earth and i
like you better than everything in the sky

-sunlight and singing welcome your coming

although winter may be everywhere
with such a silence and such a darkness
noone can quite begin to guess

(except my life)the true time of year-

and if what calls itself a world should have
the luck to hear such singing(or glimpse such
sunlight as will leap higher than high
through gayer than gayest someone's heart at your each nearness)everyone certainly would(my most beautiful darling)believe in nothing but love

No comments: