Monday, September 25, 2006

Datz how we "roll" to Aggie Football

Amazing how Aggie football can conjure up old feelings (basically the last 10 years of my married life.) Every football season and several early fall-late summers- I've been inundated with college football. It's not my husbands fault- it's his moms! She is probably the most energetic football enthusiast I've ever met! She know's the scores- she knows who's who and why they played for a certain team (both NFL and Collegiate) and what they weighed at their spring training. (well- maybe not what ALL of them weighed) So- lets just say- I'm either doomed to the life of a "football-widow" or I join in on the fun! I've picked the latter. (not as enthusiastically as my MIL though.) Our dear friends Kat and Lance have had a motorhome for several seasons and a travel trailer before- they also have twins that are one year older than the "killer B's"- and the B's love hanging out with "the E's" :) so- we decided to do it- we're now RV'ers! We've purchased our first little trailer with a bed and a cooktop and basically a place to crash when games get tough or the celebration gets to a point that stopping is not an option! We took this little maroon and white baby out on her maiden "voyage" this past weekend. (I think we're going to call it the "B Hive") and I've even picked out an image that I'm going to have a flag made into for our little "home away from home" Other than the fact that I almost broke my foot when we drove in the parking lot and began taking the trailer off the "Ex-Pi" (whether it is actually broken or not-is still up for interpretation) We had a great time! We grilled burgers, had a few glasses of wine- and soaked in the football! The lot ("Lot R") is basically about 300 yards from the football stadium- and although A&M has not been the "hot-bed" of collegiate tailgating in the past- it is heating up pretty quickly now! There were TONS of RV's in the lot for this game- and even more will be there once they start going head to toe with the big 12 teams. (Texas Tech is this coming Sat.- Whoop!) So- we've got lots of "camping" in our future. We're also thinking about people like Brad Blauser while were there and wishing him the best while he is in Iraq. Enjoy the pics- There will be LOTS more coming in the next few weeks!

No comments: