Thursday, August 24, 2006

Memories of "Clique-ville"

Its hard for me to deny how much of an outsider I felt like when I lived up North. I know I talk about living up there frequently- but this week kind of brought up some memories from years ago- and how living there was both the best of times and the worst of times. Firstly- this post's comments section!!! (I don't think I even remembered how much I hated the "Bitchy-bitches" up there- until now!) I seriously have NEVER had problems making friends- and I had a serious problem up there. This post on Gawker really puts it into perspective. Women were so clique-ish and self centered- money-focused (I was a flight attendant with no degree & no $$ at the time- so I measured a "zero" on their scale of possible acquaintances!) The only people who even made an impression on me were ones who WERE NOT FROM THERE! I can honestly say I lived there almost 5 years and only keep in touch with ONE person from there now. No one I worked with up there even lives there anymore. Its a hard city to live in- one that will chew you up and spit you out if you aren't paying attention! I'm pretty sure the reason I had to make it back to the South ASAP was for my own sanity!! Another reason was to finish my education. Lastly- I had to meet my Darlin Mississippi man! Who says you cant play-then get back to where you feel comfortable and accepted? NYC might as well be another planet to me now.

No comments: